Tuesday 27 January 2009

Will drive me nuts...





First things first I must apolagise for not keeping this blog up to date as mauch as I should but the truth is there has not been anything very exciting to write about unless you find gumpy customers at my work ( their seemed to be a few this weekend) or the fact I had two floods to deal with or I had to pick up a full bowl of Rice crispies off the floor ( they get absolutely everywhere) exciting.
But amongst all this I have managed to get a bit of knitting done. First of all Ellie is modelling a scarf which I have knitted for myself, Ellie loves to be photograped so she thought it was great that she could take part. I managed to knit the scarf to a decent length without getting too bored with it and put on fringes which is the first time I have put fringes on anything and really pleased with how they turned out and the fringes didn't take too long either.
Next I managed to knit a dolls blanket for my niece who asked for one ever so nicely as she said her dolls were cold in their cot and she really needed a blanket for them so I knitted her one to my own design and will give her it for her Birthday in Febuary and for once I am actually ahead with presents not like normally when I am still trying to knit them at two in the morning the day before. May it continue until the end of the year but knowing me probably not.
I have just cast on a jumper for Paul he needs one but would not appreciate just a plain jumper it has to have something on it and that has to be Thomas the Tank engine of course. Not managed to get very far with it yet. I just know its going to drive me absolutely insane but what his Lordship wants he gets. As this blog goes on you will realise that it is usually Ellie that gets because their so many lovely girls things out there an she really loves anything and everything that you knit for her as for my oldest one he is so big at 12 he is 5 foot 9 inches and size 9 feet so unfortunetly he misses out a bit and he has hit teenager early so doesn't really wnat handknits anymore their lame.
I have also managed to get a few rounds on my socks done but not enough to photograph them maybe be further on next time especially if the Thomas jumper drives me nuts.

No comments: